Saturday, September 27, 2014

learning using technology- analysis of reading (model 2)

I listened to the lady, Elyse talk on the first link under module 2 (How New Digital Media and the Internet are Fueling an Innovative Surge in Communication, Creativity and Collaboration).
She mentioned how when/if we are an education teacher and teaching a classroom, technology is going to be a major part of learning. Elyse tells us that even writing is a technology. We created it! Us teachers have to learn how to use these new digit tools before any of our students do. We then have to teach the students how to use them (the tools). Sitting here and blogging, I feel I am way behind on technology. Many people know what a blog is starting at the age of 12 and I'm so new to this. However, I'm glad that I am learning.

Technology is making our lives a lot easier. Elyse mentioned how when someone use to write a book (before the advances we have today), there were all different roles: authors, editors, publishers, designers, marketers. Now one big thing does this for us called a computer! This is making it easier to also learn. I like how Elyse stated "we're all learning from each other". I agree because anyone can post something on the internet and read/ comment. We all can also contribute.

Elyse talks to us about how learning is becoming easier and I agree. Anyone "can link computers together to collaborate among people to build content". I thought about this. There are also flaws however in being able to do this. A very educated and thought out piece of writing could have unprofessional or incorrect information added. None of us have ever met so we don't know.

I started to really think hard when Elyse was talking about how even though these new tools are coming out to help, it does not automatically mean you will be a great writer. I like how she said "its not about the tool, its about what you are going to do with the tool". People are starting to get lazy because of technology. My grandma even tells me to put my calculator away and use my brain. We all need to have study and prepare just like before!

 http://vimeo.com/22465810



1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are seeing your comfort and knowledge with technology grow.

    Grandma's are often fountains of wisdom. It is important to exercise our brain, but I do not think it is laziness.

    Elyse brought up important points in discussing how writing will still matter. That is why I like blogging with students and encouraging them to find places online to write.

    If we know community of writers thrive in the wild should we not try and create the same space in our classrooms?

    ReplyDelete